The Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia (PDS) has announced its publication of The D.C. Reentry Navigator, a 900-page, 16-chapter book that is a comprehensive compilation of expert knowledge and reentry resources for people arrested, charged, tried, and/or convicted under District of Columbia law. PDS created The D.C. Reentry Navigator as a resource for persons working to regain their lives following arrest, conviction, and/or incarceration.
Readers will learn more about:
- Preparing for release from incarceration and succeeding on supervision
- Accessing public benefits, healthcare, housing, employment, and education
- Using technology and transportation
- Obtaining personal records, managing personal finances, and building family ties
- Understanding legal protections and rights
- Registering to vote and resuming an active civic life
CLICK HERE to view the Navigator online
CLICK HERE to download the Navigator as a PDF document.